PHYSICAL THERAPY WORKSHOP IN YOUR CLINIC
HOST A PHYSICAL THERAPY WORKSHOP:
Evidence Based Evaluation, Diagnosis and Post-Arthroscopic and Non-Surgical Rehabilitation of the Hip
The rate of surgical intervention for patients with hip pain has increased 2500% in a recent seven-year period, the largest encountered for any region of the body. Post-surgical protocols for these surgical interventions vary widely and are poorly reported while non-surgical intervention has had limited reporting in the literature. This two-day course will equip the participant to clinically examine and diagnose hip pain as well as gain an understanding about what the literature does and does not say. Participants will gain skills to screen competing diagnoses and be able to discuss and detail post-surgical as well as non-surgical rehabilitation for the individual with hip pain while balancing that with understanding of surgical procedure and individual patient variability.
- Differential diagnosis of pain presenting in the hip and groin (lecture & lab).
- Comprehensive differential diagnosis of hip and groin pain with cases: Breakout session (lab).
- Hip surgical procedures.
- Post-arthroscopic hip rehabilitation (lecture & lab) and post-arthroscopy cases: Breakout session (lab).
- Principles and considerations of the training program relative to the patient with hip pain and attempting non-surgical rehabilitation (lecture & lab).
- Contextual factors relative to both surgical and non-surgical rehabilitation of the patient with hip pain (lecture & lab).
- Return to sport and activity considerations (lecture & lab).
- Live case study (lab & discussion). Examination, interventions and progression.
HAVE US HOST A PHYSICAL THERAPY WORKSHOP