**2022 RLC Academy 2.0**
RLC ACADEMY 2.0 WILL NOW START APRIL 1ST
March Rehab Learning Academy 2.0
Rehab Learning Center has dedicated our academy to orthopedic and sports injury rehab. Our academy provides a comprehensive approach for sports physical therapy students and clinicians, as well as other professions interested in or working in the rehab of injured athletes.
Our initial year of Rehab Learning Center Academy was incredible. We shared and learned a lot. We also solicited and received great feedback to improve. Therefore, this year we are updating, revising content, as well as expanding enrollment options. We will be having 2 different RLC Academy offerings (option 1 and option 2). See the options below:
Option 2: 2 separate offerings (they are the same and you only need to enroll in one session):
- March 1st to July 3rd (suggested for those very comfortable with the material in option 1)
- August 1st to December 4th (suggested for those completing option 1 or comfortable with the material in option 1)
- Pre-requisite: passion; option 1 or good understanding of material in this option. Understanding the material in option 1 is key for this course. This course will be a detailed, deep dive investigation into 3 pathologies from time of injury to returning to the sporting environment. We will take 4-6 weeks each to cover 3 separate sports-related pathologies (hamstring strain, intra vs extra-articular hip pathology and ACL tear), including (most topics have several ‘live’ videos): injury mechanisms (with actual athlete injuries), on the field examination and treatment, epidemiology, anatomy and biomechanics of the injury, injury classification, differential diagnosis, clinical assessment, biopsychosocial aspects of injury, phases of treatment with specific exercises (detailed implementation, progressions, regressions), non-surgical vs surgical considerations, surgical procedures (videos of procedures), post-surgical rehabilitation, return to sport testing (several videos with discussions) and shared decision making, and much more. With each pathology we will cover the available literature, use specific case athlete examples, compare various athlete injuries and discuss the entire process. This option will also include virtual ‘field trips’ and guest speakers.
- This option will be a more comprehensive understanding of the injury to return to sport process, directed at specific pathologies.
- This option is specifically directed at the learner (clinician and potentially student) willing to embark on a more intense pace directed curriculum, discussion board and bi-monthly zoom meetings.
- This option will also have additionally recorded lectures available (but not required) for the enrollee to view, including guest speaker lectures.
- This option will also include virtual field trips.
- Option 2 will have between 14 and 16 continuing education credit hours. We will seek APTA continuing education credit for this option once the exact number of hours is known.
- Due to the comprehensiveness of this course we will have a class size limit for this option.
- Cost: $350 for clinicians, $250 for students with proof of student enrollment in any relevant healthcare program (e.g. PT, ATC, chiropractic, OT, S and C)
Option 2March 1st to July 3rd
Option 2 – Installment PlanMarch 1st to July 3rd
- Contact Rehab Learning Center with proof of current student enrollment for individual coupon code.
- Instructional strategies:
- Multi-modal methods with emphasis on in-person synchronous implementation of pre-meeting material (asynchronous lectures/reading, etc), case presentation & application, blended approaches, community education on Zoom meetings, & discussion boards. The discussion board will also present various exercises, exams and treatment strategies with questions and reasoning for their use. Guest appearances from individuals working at various levels of athletic rehabilitation and training.
Rehab Learning Academy 2.0 Option 2:
August 1st through December 4